If you have a pup, you know that there are certain foods that dogs are allergic to that can make them really sick and could even kill them. You’ve most likely heard that you should keep your best friend away from chocolate, grapes, onions and avocados.
“We took him to a local university vet medical school. He only weighs 6 lbs so we were concerned about how much he had, plus there was some chocolate in the cookie so just wanted to be safe ... In addition to not being able to stand, he was very jittery and afraid. Poor guy :( They kept him about 10 hours, induced vomiting and gave him some kind of charcoal activated something to help soak up the rest. He was pretty normal by the time we got him home.” –Choices63
But seriously, if your dog ever eats marijuana you should take them to the vet. According to Dr. Robert Proietto, a veterinarian in New York City, "Marijuana toxicity is no laughing matter and if people note their dogs have gotten into it they should seek veterinary care immediately...It is also important to tell the veterinarian the truth. No veterinarian is going to judge their client for being honest and we will never contact the police. We just want to know what is going on so we can treat the pet to the best of our ability."
It would take a whole lot of pot to actually kill your animal, but you still shouldn’t ever give it to your dog or take a chance. According to a study done by two Colorado veterinarian hospitals over five years, only two out of 125 dogs died from ingesting pot in the form of cannabutter. But who wants to take that risk?